How To Treat the Trouble of Halitosis
Halitosis is simply the dental name for persistent bad breath. Research shows it afflicts 20 percent of people. If you suffer from bad breath, discover some good ideas to treat and prevent the problem.
Common Causes of Halitosis
Before you can get rid of bad breath, you need to know why your breath is so bad. See why most people suffer from this prevalent problem:
- Insufficient brushing
- Forgetting to floss every day
- Failure to see an affordable dentist for twice-a-year check-ups and cleanings
- Plaque build-up on teeth, gums, and tongue that breeds sour-smelling bacteria
- Odor-causing foods and drinks, such as garlic, onions, and coffee
- Dry mouth, which means that there isn’t enough saliva to wash away lingering oral bacteria
- Oral infections
- Medical conditions and medications
Stop Bad Breath from Starting
Once you understand the roots of halitosis, you can completely prevent the problem. Family dentistry experts advise improving your oral hygiene to keep breath from going bad. Follow these proven pointers to prevent the bane of bad breath:
- Brush well at least twice a day, yet preferably after each time you eat.
- Use a toothpaste specially formulated for halitosis. Ask your family dentistry clinic for brand recommendations.
- Floss at least once a day, but preferably after every meal and snack.
- Rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash to kill any hidden bacteria in your mouth.
- Use a tongue scraper to remove bacteria build-up on your tongue that results in bad breath.
- See an affordable dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Marietta, call Dental One Associates of Marietta today at (678) 831-2945 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Marietta. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Georgia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Marietta, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Marietta.