7 Signs that Dental Dentures are in Your Future
Many people wear affordable quality dentures after losing some or all of their natural teeth. Although even the best dentures can’t compare to your real teeth, they can make it possible for you to eat normally, speak clearly, and smile with confidence after tooth loss. If you think you’ll never need false teeth, you may want to think again. Any of the following red flags could indicate that you’ll need affordable quality dentures at some point in your future.
Signs You may Need Dental Dentures
- You have signs of gum disease such as red, tender, swollen, or bleeding gums. Although gum disease may not necessarily lead to a need for dental dentures, it can progress to tooth loss if left untreated.
- You have loose teeth, shifting teeth, or you notice gaps opening up between your teeth. The symptoms can be a result of bone loss due to advanced periodontal disease. Intensive treatment is needed to save the affected teeth. In the worst cases, extraction may be necessary.
- You’re experiencing frequent toothaches. Pain indicates that the nerves in your teeth have been affected by tooth decay. If treated early, a filling may be all you need to restore your tooth. Neglecting the problem may result in tooth loss and the need for a partial denture.
- You find it difficult to eat hard or chewy foods. Cavities, broken teeth, and gum disease can cause chewing and biting problems. See your dentist for evaluation and treatment before tooth loss occurs and dentures become necessary.
- You have recurring indigestion or stomachaches; these can be the result of not chewing your food properly due to dental problems. If your natural teeth can’t be treated effectively, affordable quality dentures might resolve your stomach discomfort.
- You haven’t seen your dentist for years. To prevent dental disease and the progression to tooth loss, see your dentist twice every year for routine checkups.
- You are already missing teeth. Your dentist can help you decide on the best dentures to restore your full smile.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Marietta, call Dental One Associates of Marietta today at (678) 831-2945 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Marietta. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Georgia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Marietta, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Marietta.